I started loving stories when I realized I could escape my life to play in a world that was built by someone else. I started a love affair with reading and would consume any book that I could get my hands on. I naturally like to learn as much as I can about everything I set out to do, leading me to start learning about writing my own stories. My poems and short stories in school were met with high praise from my teachers and friends, but I never took it past that.
This November I took part in NaNoWriMo and hit my goal of 50,000 words. I have a pretty great skeleton of a novel, I just need to add more meat to it. I’ll be working on this story for a while, but I did something I had never done before. I wrote a full book! Something more than just a 500-1000 word story. Showing myself that I can do this.
I hope in starting this blog I’d have a place to post my work. Keep writing even when I don’t feel like it. Write about what I am reading or learning. Even reviews on games I’m playing with my husband. Who knows?
Here are My own personal goals for 2017:
- Get to the Beta reader stage for ‘Bonds’
- Write 1,000 to 2,000 words every day.
- Continue to expand my information and knowledge in writing.
- Blog once a week
- Start an idea notebook and keep any stray thoughts in there for review after I finish ‘Bonds’
- Keep our twitter up to par
- Keep our facebook up to par
- Start a collection of new and upcoming novels
- Attend a writing workshop
Pretty much all I can think of for now. Dancingdude is calling me to play Roblox… Laters!